Social Services

website top (1).png

The mission of the Sampson County Department of Social Services is to enhance the quality of life for residents by promoting self-sufficiency, preventing maltreatment and providing supportive services.

To report child abuse and/or neglect or fraud:

  • To report child or adult abuse and/or neglect call (910) 592-4200 from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, or 911 after hours.
  • To report fraud (anonymous calls accepted) contact the main office at 910-592-7131.
  • To contact the State Care line call 1-800-662-7030.
  • Child Support Anonymous Tip Hotline 1-855-449-8741.
  • To access the Child Advocacy Center Facebook page, click here.

ePASS is a portal to apply for Medicaid, Food & Nutrition Services, Energy Assistance, TANF-Work First and other programs in North Carolina. New applicants and existing beneficiaries can create an account.

"In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Under the Food Stamp Act and USDA policy, discrimination is prohibited also on the basis of religion or political beliefs.

To file a complaint of discrimination, contact USDA or HHS. Write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). Write HHS, Director, Office for Civil Rights, Room 506-F, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or (202) 619-3257 (TTY). USDA and HHS are equal opportunity providers and employers."